A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER
Hi there! My name is David Malan. I'm a software engineer and business technology consultant, based in Perth, Western Australia. You can see more about my web development skills and experience here.
I gained experience in the corporate world, working for 10 years at an international data management company during the early years of the internet. Since 2005, I have run a web development business called Codevelopment, helping organisations launch and grow their services online.
I am currently completing my master's degree in computer science, with specialisation in software engineering, at Monash University. I also have a graduate certificate in computer science, with specialisation in artificial intelligence, and a bachelor's degree in commerce, with specialisation in management.
My primary goal as a web software engineer and consultant is to help businesses launch their products and services online in a way that often only highly funded organisations normally would be able to. I am a friend to ordinary, hard working entrepreneurs who need an online presence with depth and capabilities that are more than a few simple web pages deep, and who need a knowledgeable and capable software technology partner to work with.
Some highlights over the years:
- In 1996 I hand-coded and managed one of the first well-utilised, internet-based, corporate intranet and extranet systems.
- In 1997 I hand-coded and managed my first public-facing corporate website for the business I worked for.
- From 1997 - 1998 I documented the system specifications, and project managed the system design team, of a business-to-business credit information system for the company I worked for, an international credit reporting business managing data on 200 000 business entities. The system required redesigning a mainframe-based back-end system, to utilise a brand new internet-based front-end, for use by banks, retailers, telecoms, and other major commercial entities.
- From 1999 - 2000 I project managed the system development of an internet-based consumer and business database system managing the data of over 20 million individuals, and integrating over 12 different mainframe systems into a single web-based system with a unified web front-end.
- From 2000 - 2001 I project managed the development of a national consumer-oriented e-commerce data system, allowing 20 million individuals to access their personal data securely, including built-in real-time identity validation and fraud prevention.
- From 2000 - 2004 I started and managed a brand new startup e-commerce business unit, growing the online systems to the point that by 2004, internet-based systems were generating 30% of new business. I was awarded the company's prestigious manager of the year awards twice, in 2001, and 2004.
- In 2005 I started Codevelopment, a web development and consulting company dedicated to developing internet systems for small businesses.
- From 2005 - 2022 I have worked on numerous projects for a diverse range of organisations, from small and medium local businesses and non-profit entities, to federal and state government departments and multi-national companies. Some examples of the types of projects I have completed can be seen to the right.
My LinkedIn profile, including testimonials from people I have worked with over the years, can be viewed here.
Client projects 2005 - 2022:
Some examples of internet projects I have developed and implemented for my clients over the years include:
Why work with a web-based software developer?
I have the experience of working with hundreds of organisations just like yours. I make a point to understand your business, so you don't have to brief numerous providers every time you have an online requirement. I work with a wide range of specialists representing extensive software and database development, visual design, marketing, advertising, copywriting and sales expertise. Rather than offering you a one-size fits all offering, I match your specific requirements to the solutions that best meet your needs, including identifying the most appropriate cost-value solutions tailored to your unique business.
If you have a web technology problem needing a solution that I can assist you with, please get in touch, I would love to talk to you!
Do Codevelopment's premium services mean premium prices?
At Codevelopment we work hard to ensure that you will pay the right price for the specific value offering you are seeking. Qualified web developers are highly sought after and well paid in the corporate sphere, so there will always be a balance between paying for quality and getting good value. Because you are working with experienced professionals, we ensure that you are getting the maximum return on your investment in your online systems, and seeing results as quickly as possible. Our goal is always to enable corporate grade web development services in a way that is affordable for micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
from start to finish
Codevelopment manages all aspects of your online presence. Nobody has the time run a business at the same time as also hands-on managing multiple fields of expertise, including web development, graphic design, copywriting, user experience design, systems analysis, online marketing, social media management, and hardware and software platform management. Codevelopment does everything for you. One web technology provider, all your online requirements met.
HOW CAN I PROGRAM MY BUSINESS TO RUN ONLINE?
Website software works for you, 24 hours a day, every day of the week, at very low cost. The more of your business we can program for you to run automatically, the more free time you have to work on growing your business.
Every dollar spent on effective web technology systems that free up your and your employees' time pays for itself many times over. Here are just a few examples of some of the web software systems Codevelopment has developed with our clients over the years: