A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER
Hi there! My name is David Malan. I'm a full stack web developer and micro/small/medium business internet consultant, based in Perth, Western Australia. You can see more about my web development skills and experience here.
I gained experience in the corporate world, working for 10 years at an international data management company during the early years of the internet. Since 2005, I have run a web development business called Codevelopment, helping small and medium businesses launch and grow their services online.
My primary goal as a web developer and consultant is to help micro, small and medium-sized businesses launch their products and services online in a way that often only highly funded organisations normally would be able to. I am a friend to ordinary, hard working entrepreneurs who need an online presence with depth and capabilities that are more than a few simple web pages deep, and who need a knowledgeable and capable web technology partner to work with.
Some highlights over the years:
- In 1996 I hand-coded and managed one of the first well-utilised, internet-based, corporate intranet and extranet systems.
- In 1997 I hand-coded and managed my first public-facing corporate website for the business I worked for.
- From 1997 - 1998 I documented the system specifications, and project managed the system design team, of a business-to-business credit information system for the company I worked for, an international credit reporting business managing data on 200 000 business entities. The system required redesigning a mainframe-based back-end system, to utilise a brand new internet-based front-end, for use by banks, retailers, telecoms, and other major commercial entities.
- From 1999 - 2000 I project managed the system development of an internet-based consumer and business database system managing the data of over 20 million individuals, and integrating over 12 different mainframe systems into a single web-based system with a unified web front-end.
- From 2000 - 2001 I project managed the development of a national consumer-oriented e-commerce data system, allowing 20 million individuals to access their personal data securely, including built-in real-time identify validation and fraud prevention.
- From 2000 - 2004 I started and managed a brand new startup e-commerce business unit, growing the online systems to the point that by 2004, internet-based systems were generating 30% of new business. I was awarded the company's prestigious manager of the year awards twice, in 2001, and 2004.
- In 2005 I started Codevelopment, a web development and consulting company dedicated to developing internet systems for small businesses.
- From 2005 - 2018 I have worked on numerous projects for a diverse range of micro, small and medium sized businesses, from local trades, to non-profits, and international organisations, some examples of which can be seen to the right.
My LinkedIn profile, including testimonials from people I have worked with over the years, can be viewed here.
Client projects 2005 - 2018:
Some examples of internet projects I have developed and implemented for my clients over the years include:
Why work with a micro/small/medium business web developer?
I have the experience of working with dozens of micro, small and medium businesses just like yours. I make a point to understand your business, so you don't have to brief numerous providers every time you have an online requirement. I work with dozens of internet specialists, from a wide range of fields, including marketing, web development, web design, sales, and many others. Rather than offering you our solutions as a one-size fits all offering, I match your specific requirements to whatever solutions best meet your needs.
If you have a web technology problem needing a solution, I can assist you with, please get in touch, I would love to talk to you!
Do Codevelopment's premium services mean premium prices?
At Codevelopment we work hard to ensure that you will pay the right price for the specific value offering you are seeking. Qualified web developers are highly sought after and well paid in the corporate sphere, so there will always be a balance between paying for quality and getting good value. Because you are working with with experienced professionals, we ensure that you are getting the maximum return on your investment in your online systems, and seeing results as quickly as possible. Our goal is always to enable corporate grade web development services in a way that is affordable for micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
from start to finish
Codevelopment manages all aspects of your online requirements. You probably wouldn't have the time to work directly with a web developer, web designer, copywriter, user experience specialist, systems analyst, online maketing specialist, social media specialist, and any other specialist you probably need, but often don't know, or don't have the time to brief and engage. Codevelopment does everything for you. One website provider, all your online requirements met.
HOW CAN I PROGRAM MY SMALL BUSINESS TO RUN ONLINE?
Website software works for you, 24 hours a day, every day of the week, at very low cost. The more of your business we can program for you to run automatically, the more free time you have to work on growing your business.
Every dollar spent on effective web technology systems that free up your and your employees' time pays for itself many times over. Here are just a few examples of some of the web software systems Codevelopment has developed with our clients over the years: